Welcome to SwimKids®!
We've been teaching kids to LOVE swimming from infants through swim team since 1996! We teach all ages and ability levels of swimmers:
- FREE Splish Splash Baby Class® for babies ages 2-5 months with a parent
- FREE SplashKids Play Zone (Water Table play for Toddlers) every Thursday!
- SwimBabies program for ages 6 -35 months with a parent
- SoloTwos & SuperTwos for 2-year-olds without a parent
- Preschool aged SwimTots program for ages 3-5 years
- SwimKids program for ages 6-teenage
- Special Abilities swim lessons program
- USA Swimming Stealth Swim Team® for competitive swimmers
We also work with adults on their swim skills, usually one on one.
Now with 5 locations in Woodbridge, Gainesville, Leesburg, and Fredericksburg, SwimKids was founded by Dave and Cindy Tonnesen in 1996 in Prince William County, Virginia. SwimKids and its founders have been honored with numerous awards including:
- 2014, 2015 and 2016 Washington Post Top Workplaces (#9 in Small Businesses in the DC Area)
- 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 Best of Loudoun
- 2016 Best of Suburbia, Posh Seven
- 2014, 2015 and 2016 Best of Prince William
- 2014 Loudoun Times-Mirror Reader's Choice
- 2013 Silver Stevie® Award for the Fastest Growing Company of the Year under 2500 Employees in the American Business Awards
- Best Facility in the United States Swim School Association (USSSA)
- Best Photo in the USSSA
- USSSA Leadership Award
- Best Place to Go Swimming and Best Summer Camp by patch.com
- Inc. 500/5000 List of America's Fastest Growing Companies, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
SwimKids Co-founder and CEO, Cindy Tonnesen, received a Silver Stevie® Award for Female Entrepreneur of the Year in Consumer Services (November 2012) and was honored as a National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) Woman of Distinction Honoree by the Greater DC Chapter. She is currently a member of the Board of Directors of the United States Swim School Association.
Co-founder, Dave Tonnesen, is a widely respected USA Swimming Coach and has coached thousands of swimmers from babies through Olympic Trials. He was honored by his industry peers with a seat on the Board of the United States Swim School Association, has received a commendation by the Prince William County Board of Supervisors for his work with the Special Olympics, and is a former Potomac News (now the News & Messenger) Coach of the Year.
SwimKids has a large staff of certified swim instructors and managers who are hand picked because of their ability to connect and work with children! We then teach them to teach the SwimKids way, using SwimKids progressions that break down complex strokes to an easy-to-learn progression.
Our children's lessons programs, SwimTots and SwimKids, are kept very small, with classes no larger than 3-5 swimmers in a group class to an instructor. The program moves at your child's pace; as soon as your child achieves the goals of the current level, he or she will advance immediately to the next level and pick a prize from the SwimKids Treasure Chest! Each level is broken down into easy to achieve skills so that your child will constantly be receiving positive reinforcement as they learn to swim. We love to see the happy smiles of our swimmers as they learn to achieve in the pool!Contact Us
For more information, a free phone consultation about your child, or to register by phone, please contact us:
703-396-7946 (SWIM) Woodbridge
Email : email@example.com
571-261-7946 (SWIM) Gainesville
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
703-962-7946 (SWIM) Leesburg
Email : email@example.com
540-446-5437 (KIDS) Fredericksburg
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org