Splish Splash Baby Class®
A FREE class for ages 2-5 months with their parent
Bond with your baby while you introduce them to the aquatic world in our Splish Splash Baby Class®, offered FREE by SwimKids as a community service (annual registration fee of $39 applies; monthly tuition is FREE for all swimmers 2-5 months). We want every parent to know the joys of the water for their child and teach you basic water safety skills for you and your baby.
Interested in learning more? Come see our FREE SwimBabies Smart Start and learn how swimming has been scientifically proven to make your baby smarter! Click here to Contact Us to enroll for the FREE SwimBabies Smart Start!
Great Reasons to Teach Babies to Swim:
- Even young babies adapt to the water very naturally. Water provides wonderful support and buoyancy for babies who can't yet sit or stand. Babies can learn to swim long before they can walk or even sit up!
- While young babies cannot move around well on land, the weightless environment of the water is a great place for babies to exercise their young muscles! Swimming also improves cardiovascular fitness, a great lifelong benefit.
- As Splish Splash Baby Class give babies the opportunity to learn new physical skills; they are developing their neural network, laying the foundation for cognitive development.
- Splish Splash Baby Class gives babies a great opportunity to exercise and increase their strength, which often results in the acquisition of other motor skills, such as standing and walking, earlier. Swimming provides the greatest form of bilateral exercise of any sport, which aids babies and toddlers in the development of coordination and balance.
- The exercise babies get in Splish Splash Baby Class, as well as the relaxing warm water, stimulates a baby's appetite and improve baby's eating and sleeping patterns.
- Splish Splash Baby Class class provides an uninterrupted, wonderful bonding time with your child. Swimming provides babies with lots of skin-to-skin contact with their parents which, psychologists say, strengthens the parent-child bond.
- A positive, early experience in the water gives babies and toddlers a head start on the mastery of water safety skills. Our babies often transition to more advanced SwimTots classes, as they often have acquired some of the building blocks of swimming ~ breath control, floating, and kicking on top of the water ~ in Splish Splash Baby Class.
- As babies learn to achieve goals and independence in the water, their self-confidence blossoms. Nothing speaks to our hearts more than the happy smiles of our babies and their parents in the water! Self-confidence and the setting and attaining of goals fosters a wonderful lifelong pattern of learning, a great way to give your baby a head start!
Click below to view our class schedule and enroll for classes.
Need assistance? Give us a call and we'll happily talk to you
about your child and help you find the best class for them
New to SwimKids? Click below to view our class schedule and enroll for classes.
Register with SwimKids in:
- > Woodbridge
- > Gainesville
- > Leesburg
- > Fredericksburg
If anyone in your family has been in a SwimKids program before you are already in our system!
Click below to go to our Member Login area to view our schedule, and enroll for classes.
- > Member Login