For ages 3-5 years.
Our SwimTots program features our 10 level curriculum for preschoolers aged 3-5 years. Your child will be placed in a level based on their ability, and moves at their own pace through our curriculum.
Classes are kept very small; only 3 children to one instructor in SwimTots Levels 1-4 , and 4 children per class in SwimTots Levels 5-10.
The program moves at your child's pace; as soon as your child achieves the goals of the current level, he or she will advance to the next level and pick a prize from the SwimKids Treasure Chest!! Each level is broken down into easy to achieve skills so that your child will constantly be receiving positive reinforcement as they learn to swim.
SwimTots swim lessons are offered once/week for 30 minutes or in Summer Swim Camp.
Choosing a Class for Your 3-5 Year Old
Making sure your 3-5 year old child is in the right class for them is important. Please choose only ONE of the choices below that best describes your child's current ability in the water. If you're not sure, please underestimate their skills, as we would much rather place your child slightly under level to have them quickly gain confidence! Remember, that our classes move at your child's pace, so as soon as the skills for their level are achieved, your child will immediately graduate and advance to the next level.
Want your child to make progress quickly? During the summer months, take advantage of SwimKids' Summer Swim Camp! Weekly sessions available all summer long at our Woodbridge, Gainesville, and Leesburg locations. Summer Swim Camp really gives swimmers a jump start on their swimming as they receive 5 classes every week! Our Fredericksburg location offers outdoor 2 week Swim Camps M-Th with Fridays reserved as a rain day. Our classes do fill up each summer, so we encourage you to register early for all sessions you wish to attend so that your space is reserved.
Click below to find the best level at which to start your child and see the available classes and prices.
- My child is not yet comfortable going underwater by his/her self.
- My child is comfortable going underwater by his/her self but CANNOT yet float by his/her self. (This is the level to pick if your child cannot float both on the front AND the back or only "swims" using floaties.)
- My child can float for 5 seconds on the stomach with the face in the water AND float 5 seconds on the back. (no floaties or support by another person; floating on their own.)
- My child can float on their front and back AND can kick on their stomach a short distance. My child has not yet learned to kick on their back.
- My child can kick on the stomach with the face in for 15 feet AND can kick on the back for 15 feet, but needs help learning the strokes.
- My child is a competent swimmer in the freestyle and backstroke and is ready to learn breaststroke and butterfly.
- I am unsure of my child's skills.